[Ecls-list] Maxima + ECL

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jan 13 17:54:04 UTC 2008

On Jan 13, 2008 6:49 PM, Robert Dodier <robert.dodier at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/12/08, Waldek Hebisch <hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl> wrote:
>
> > I am not sure if it matters but linking is done by a separate
> > compiler invocation.
>
> What are the arguments for that separate invocation?
> Compiling Maxima is organized by MK:DEFSYSTEM --
> maybe MK:DEFSYSTEM is not executing the linking step.

That phrase refers to a different process in which one compiles lisp
files into object files and then links them to form either a big
unified FASL or a single executable program. MKDEFSYSTEM is compiling
and loading files one after another, following the rules that the
system definition establishes.