[Ecls-list] Maxima + ECL

Waldek Hebisch hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl
Sat Jan 12 23:39:13 UTC 2008

Robert Dodier wrote:
> (2) ECL apparently sometimes generates incorrect function calls
> when the function being called is not yet defined. This
> appeared only in compiled code. Most function calls
> work correctly but in a few cases it appears the function
> to be called is not actually called. This is a serious problem.
> Is there some post-compilation reconciliation phase or
> something which I can invoke to fix up all function calls?

I think you should give more detail.  FYI, FriCAS build and
seem to work fine using ECL.  Most of the source files are
separately compiled -- the special image (containing all
needed macros) is used for each file.  This means that
there is a lot of undefined functions -- all functions defined
in other files are undefined at compile time.  I am not
sure if it matters but linking is done by a separate compiler
invocation.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl