[Ecls-list] Consing source identified

Julian Stecklina der_julian at web.de
Sun Feb 10 18:54:46 UTC 2008

"Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll" <jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> I would like to hear your ideas regarding this new implementation.

Will this be available to user code utilizing DYNAMIC-EXTENT
declarations? And for the future: Would it be possible to autodetect
certain cases where this optimization would be safely applicable without
an explicit declaration? I am thinking of (mapcar (lambda ...) ..) and
similar calls to library functions.

You talk about creating these frames on the interpreter stack. Could you
elaborate on that? My simple idea would be to use alloca or perhaps you
use it internally?

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina
http://berzerkely.net/

(Of course SML does have its weaknesses, but by comparison, a
discussion of C++'s strengths and flaws always sounds like an
argument about whether one should face north or east when one
is sacrificing one's goat to the rain god.) -- Thant Tessman