[Ecls-list] *read-suppress* REPL reader "bug"

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 17 14:16:50 UTC 2008

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 3:03 AM, Daniel Herring <dherring at tentpost.com> wrote:
> Bug in quotes since it appears to be entirely conforming and common, and it
> falls into the "rm -rf /" or "deltree c:" class of stupid.
> If at the REPL you type (setf *read-suppress* t),
> I couldn't get "useless REPLs" to return anything other than nil.

There are other ways to break the REPL, such as setting an invalid
readtable, but this one is easy to solve (enclose every call to READ
in a LET form that sets the flag to nil) and does not break the
users's expectations (unlike using a standard i/o syntax for reading
from the toplevel)

Fixed in git/CVS