[Ecls-list] Problems with ECL installation in Windows

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Tue Dec 16 19:58:18 UTC 2008

on Monday, December 15, 2008, 8:20:32 PM Luke wrote:

> The and.obj file was compiled successfully and is available in
> ecl\ecl-0.9l\msvc\gmp\mpz. It just won't link.

Al this is strange. I've just built ecl-0.9l release. It works.
I also built CVS HEAD version several times these days.

If you can't detect the problem, you may do nmake > nmake.log 2>&1
and then attach nmake.log to the next message.

But prior doing so I recommend the following:
- Start from clean sources: remove the directory were you are
  working now and checkout fresh HEAD from CVS or unpack release.
  This is to ensure you do not have any intermediate artifacts
  from previous build, that are interfere somehow current build
  process.
- Make sure you are doing everything as specified here:
  http://ecls.sourceforge.net/new-manual/pr01s06.html#preface.msvc
  In particular check environment variables PATH, INCLUDE and LIB.

Best regards,
- Anton