[Ecls-list] cannot redefine functions in compiled program?

Robert Dodier robert.dodier at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 02:51:13 UTC 2008

On 12/14/08, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:

> As pointed before, one possibility is to use notinline declarations.
>  However, since Maxima is a very big program, it might be more useful
>  to use a different level of DEBUG:
>
>  http://ecls.sourceforge.net/new-manual/ch02.html#table.optimize.debug

Thanks, changing the DEBUG level seems to have the desired effect.

I can change it file-by-file by putting (DECLAIM (OPTIMIZE (DEBUG 2)))
or something like that at the top of the file.
Is there a way to change it for every file, by, let's say,
telling the compiler to process some expression (like the one above)
as if it were part of each file?

best

Robert Dodier