[Ecls-list] Problems with ECL cross-compilation from Linux to Windows with MinGW

Anton Nazarov antonnaz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 15:27:06 UTC 2008

Hi!

I am trying to cross-compile ECL (CVS) for Windows on my Linux box
(Kubuntu 8.04 if it matters), with mingw32, which was installed from debian package.

I was able to cross-compile included GMP with
cd src/gmp
./configure --build=i586-linux --host=i586-mingw32msvc --prefix=/home/anton/local/cross
make
make install.

Also I have built ECL for Linux and installed it in some folder.

So, when I try to configure cross-compilation of ECL with
./configure --build=i586-linux --host=i586-mingw32msvc --with-gmp-prefix=/home/anton/local/cross --prefix=/home/anton/local/cross
I first got a message that I need to edit cross_config, after editing it I restarted configure, it finished without errors and I started build process with
make

Almost whole build process was finished, but in the end I received following error:
Cannot find out entry point for binary file
;;; Note: Found tag: "_eclpN05wtm8_zfp7jWy" for build:lsp;describe.o.NEWESTBroken at TOP-LEVEL. File: #P"/home/a
nton/programing/ecl/ecl/src/lsp/top.lsp" (Form #26)No restarts available.
Top level.

Is it possible to finish build process somehow?
What kind of logs should I get to find cause of error?

--
With best wishes,
Anton Nazarov		mailto:antonnaz at gmail.com
      			http://anton_nazarov.fatal.ru