[Ecls-list] [Maxima] Maxima 5.17.0 release : installation fails with Ecl

Robert Dodier robert.dodier at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 06:06:26 UTC 2008

On 12/5/08, Oliver Kullmann <O.Kullmann at swansea.ac.uk> wrote:

>  After configuration I get

>  default lisp: ecl
>  wish executable name: "wish"

Do I understand correctly that you have executed the following:
./configure --enable-ecl

The reason I ask is that when I try to build Maxima + ECL via
./configure --enable-ecl, that succeeds, but then make fails with the
message "Cannot find out entry point for binary file", dunno what that means.

However I can build Maxima + ECL via the steps listed in INSTALL.lisp
and the resulting program runs the test suite without unexpected errors.

>  and directly after that we get many lines like
>
>  gcc: /home/csoliver/SAT-Algorithmen/OKplatform/ExternalSources/builds/Maxima/ecl/maxima-5.17.0/src/binary-ecl/maxima-package.o: No such file or directory

That suggests the binary-ecl/*.o files were not created.
Is there anything in binary-ecl/ ?

By the way: I am using ECL from cvs. The 0.9l release was a few months
ago and there have been a lot of changes. I don't know which changes
might be relevant to Maxima. My advice is to use ECL from cvs.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Robert Dodier