[Ecls-list] optimized compilation error

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Mon Dec 8 02:07:32 UTC 2008

on Sunday, December 7, 2008, 10:50:02 PM Juan wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 2:01 AM, Anton Vodonosov <avodonosov at yandex.ru> wrote:
>> I've tracked it down to the following test case (original error
>> location is flexi-streams): [...]
>> Removing (declare (optimize ...)) from stream-type definition
>> makes both compiled and interpreted versions work equally.

> Thanks for tracking this bug! There was a typo in the inline forms for
> OUTPUT-STREAM-P. It has been fixed in CVS.

It looks like another similar error still exists.
Flexi-streams compiled with
 (optimize speed (safety 0)(space 0)(debug 1)(compilation-speed 0))
produce an error:

  In function ASET, the value of byte is
          -78
  which is not of expected type (INTEGER 0 255)

Perhaps some non Gray function get called, instead of Gray one.
But it is difficult to say for sure.

Backtrace: LAMBDA > lambda > si:bytecodes > si:bytecodes > si:bytecodes

Flexi-streams compiled without optimization work OK.

Best regards,
- Anton