[Ecls-list] simple starts for newbies...

Teunis Peters teunis at wintersgift.com
Wed Aug 27 22:06:29 UTC 2008

quick update:  (note: partially working)
aside: should I continue using cffi for working with glib?  swig works
fine with that.  Otherwise I'll have to manually build for uffi (or the
internal ffi) and it's a BIG project, requiring weird options at
points.  There doesn't seem to be any way to support "pkg-config
glib-2.0 --cflags" type issues in ecl *wry grin*

installing the darcs tree of 'cffi' worked fine.

echo "(require 'asdf) (require 'babel) (asdf:make-build :cffi :type
:fasl :monolithic nil)" | ecl

I suspect the (require 'babel) is unnecessary.

however, now:
ecl -compile glib.lisp
fails
opening lines:
(defpackage #:glib
  (:use #:common-lisp #:cffi)
  (:export))

(in-package #:glib)

result:
;;; Compiling glib.lisp.
;;; OPTIMIZE levels: Safety=2, Space=0, Speed=3, Debug=0
An error occurred during initialization:
Error: in file glib.lisp, position 2, and form
  (DODEFPACKAGE GLIB 'NIL ...)
;;; The form (SI::DODEFPACKAGE "GLIB"
                  'NIL
                  NIL
                  '("COMMON-LISP" "CFFI")
                  'NIL
                  'NIL
                  'NIL
                  'NIL
                  'NIL
                  'NIL) was not evaluated successfully.
;;; You are recommended to compile again.