[Ecls-list] ECL and Numerics

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 27 07:44:28 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 7:54 AM, Brent Fulgham <bfulgham at gmail.com> wrote:
> I noticed on your homepage that you have an interest in scientific/numerical
> computing.  I was curious if you had been able to make use of ECL in this
> arena?

Hi Brent, indeed I played a lot doing numerics back in the days when
ECL and SBCL were not so stable. I tried all approaches, from
customized generic functions for arithmetics between arrays, to
specialized sublanguages and bindings to LAPACK/BLAS libraries.
Everything home-cooked, no libraries that I keep right now.

Instituto de Física Fundamental
CSIC, Serrano, 113, Madrid 28040 (Spain)