[Ecls-list] si:load-foreign-module

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 24 00:05:53 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 11:10 PM, Luis Oliveira <luismbo at gmail.com> wrote:
> every CFFI library out there.  IMHO, it would be nice if ECL would let
> dlopen() search for libraries in the usual places.  FWIW, this is what
> all other Lisps do.

ECL used to apply the function TRUENAME on the input to that
previously cited function. I have removed this in CVS, so that dlopen
resolves the filename. This may or may not be good, because it no
longer allows ECL to know which libraries it has really loaded: if you
load the same library with two different, but compatible namestrings,
then ECL will really be confused.

Instituto de Física Fundamental
CSIC, Serrano, 113, Madrid 28040 (Spain)