[Ecls-list] Error compiling cl-opengl on windows

Deepankar Sharma deepankar.sharma at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 04:08:00 UTC 2008

While loading cl-opengl via asdf on windows I run into the following error.

;;; Note: Emiting FUNCALL for CFFI::MAKE-FOREIGN-ENUM
;;; Note: Emiting FUNCALL for CFFI::NOTICE-FOREIGN-TYPE
;;; Calling the C compiler...
;;; Note: Invoking external command:
;;; cl  /MD /Z7 /EHsc /DGC_DLL /nologo  -O2 -I"C:/dev/lisp/ecl/msvc/" -w -c
"C:/.asdf-install-dir/si
te/cl-opengl/gl/constants.c"
-Fo"C:/.asdf-install-dir/site/cl-opengl/gl/constants.obj"
constants.c
C:/.asdf-install-dir/site/cl-opengl/gl/constants.data(821) : fatal error
C1091: compiler limit: stri
ng exceeds 65535 bytes in length
;;; The C compiler failed to compile the intermediate file.

I think it is because of a giant auto generated enum in constants.lisp in
cl-opengl which seems to be running into a 64k limit size for strings. Is
there any way I can sidestep this issue ?  Just wanted to ask here before I
pester the cl-opengl folks.

Thanks,
Deepankar