[Ecls-list] Warnings should print contexts

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 19 22:59:28 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 3:40 AM, Gabriel Dos Reis
<gdr at integrable-solutions.net> wrote:
> In ECL-0.9l (and trunk), a compiler warning will not print the current
> form being compiled, even thought (print-current-form) is called.  That renders
> the warnings almost useless when *suppress-compiler-notes*.

I have fixed two things. First, progress along the file only depends
on *compile-verbose*. This means the messages Compiling... Emitting...
will not disappear if you set suppress-compiler-notes to nil.

Second, notes, warnings and errors print the file, file position and
form if available. Currently this is not of much use because the forms
are most of the times macroexpanded and on the second pass the context
has already been forgotten. Both things should be fixed, but we
already have a starting point.

Besides that, the condition system for the compiler has been
implemented. We are still missing changes that allow one to catch the
conditions and intercept them, or just collect them and print them all
together, etc, etc.

Instituto de Física Fundamental
CSIC, Serrano, 113, Madrid 28040 (Spain)