[Ecls-list] Fwd: build_info fails in ECL + Maxima (unbound *MAXIMA-BUILD-TIME*)

Robert Dodier robert.dodier at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 03:35:04 UTC 2008

Hi, Maxima wants to have *MAXIMA-BUILD-TIME* bound to the
value of GET-DECODED-TIME when Maxima is compiled.
For Lisps other than ECL, *MAXIMA-BUILD-TIME* is in the
Lisp image which is dumped out. But the ECL build doesn't
dump an image (and cannot).

How can we get a variable assigned a value at compile time?
Yes, I tried EVAL-WHEN. If someone can just tell me how to
do it, I will be very grateful.

The files in question are maxima/src/maxima.asd (definition
of *MAXIMA-BUILD-TIME*) and maxima/src/macsys.lisp
(use of it).

Thanks for your help

Robert Dodier