[Ecls-list] ECL 0.9l release candidate

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 3 17:09:20 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 10:42 PM, Vadim Konovalov <vadrer at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm very glad to see ECL improving,
> but is it possible to move to normal versioning system? (of course I am
> speaking about future releases, not this one)
> letter versions are  - so  1995... (*)

What do you mean by normal? In my life I have seen almost anything,
from those that use names instead of numbers, dates instead of
revision numbers, arbitrary jumps in revision numbers like those by
Acrobat and others...

Current scheme stays below 1.0 because I do not want to make a 1.0
until the compiler is fully stable. Then again, all releases are
binary incompatible among each other, which precludes having three
numbers systems as other linux libraries.

So what would be your suggestion?

Cheers,