[Ecls-list] More Win32 build problems.

Robin Lee Powell rlpowell at digitalkingdom.org
Fri Aug 1 19:12:13 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 09:08:27PM +0200, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 8:57 PM, Robin Lee Powell
> <rlpowell at digitalkingdom.org> wrote:
> > I just ran "./configure prefix=blah" followed by "make".  I have
> > no idea who's using what or where it comes from.  The manual
> > says this should be sufficient; it says nothing about
> > requirements (of which there are many, by the way) nor how to
> > select a gc.
>
> Ok, let's be nice. Manual may say something and a particular port
> may have a problem because it has been less attended.

I wasn't trying to be not nice; sorry if I came across as rude.  I
just genuinely had no what you were asking.  I came to ECLS because
someone told me that the Win32 port was treated as first-class, so I
was a bit surprised to have so many problems.

> I was just telling you what has happened and a possible reason for
> the problem -- sometimes people install the boehm-weiser garbage
> collector by themselves and that causes a similar problem.

OK.  I didn't do that.  I'm trying it with that GC now; I'll let you
know if it makes a difference.

> Now, what I offer you is a possible solution: to configure using
> --without-profile, until the reason for the error message is
> discovered.

Great!  Thanks.

-Robin

--