[Ecls-list] More Win32 build problems.

Robin Lee Powell rlpowell at digitalkingdom.org
Fri Aug 1 18:57:48 UTC 2008

On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 08:51:49PM +0200, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 8:37 PM, Robin Lee Powell
> <rlpowell at digitalkingdom.org> wrote:
> > I really don't understand this error at all, and Google doesn't
> > know about it either. /cygdrive/z/ecl/ecl/build/ext/profile.o:
> > In function `L1get_bytes_consed':
> > /cygdrive/z/ecl/ecl/build/ext/profile.c:11: undefined reference
> > to `__imp__GC_ge t_total_bytes'
>
> Seems a symbol is not exported from the garbage collector library.
> Are you using the garbage collector shipped with ECL or the one
> provided by Cygwin? One possibilty to get rid of this problem is
> to disable the profile package at configuration time.

Umm.  What?

I just ran "./configure prefix=blah" followed by "make".  I have no
idea who's using what or where it comes from.  The manual says this
should be sufficient; it says nothing about requirements (of which
there are many, by the way) nor how to select a gc.

-Robin

--
Lojban Reason #17: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo
Proud Supporter of the Singularity Institute - http://singinst.org/