[Ecls-list] Small conses

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 30 14:26:12 UTC 2008

Tag: (CVS 2008-04-30 16:23)

 - ECL now offers the possibility to use conses which do not carry type
   information. These conses have a size of two words and lead to significantly
   faster code, as well as less memory consumption. The feature has to be
   activated manually using the configuration flag --enable-smallcons.

I have tested this code in two machines: a Mac OS X Intel/32bits and a
very old Redhat Linux Intel/32bits. It should work unchanged in other
platforms but, as I said, the small conses code is now optional.