[Ecls-list] How to save 45kb?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Apr 30 12:21:44 UTC 2008

SMALL_CONS + ASM_APPLY

real time : 616.814 secs
run time  : 393.702 secs
gc count  : 648 times
consed    : 5314324144 bytes

I will be committing a huge patch to CVS in about an hour.

With this patch ECL will get a new configuration flag
--enable-smallcons which activates the use of two-words conses. I have
decided to make this an optional feature so as not tom completely
break the older garbage collector, which I am still working on, and
also because the implications of this new data structure are not yet
clear enough.

It would be nice if, once the patch is rolled out, people here could
run some regression tests against their own applications so as to
confirm things run smooth.