[Ecls-list] Line Number of errors ?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Apr 25 17:58:16 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 3:52 PM, Tobias C. Rittweiler <tcr at freebits.de> wrote:
 > "Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll" writes:

>  > Please do not think I am too picky, but I do not want to enlarge the
 >  > image size of ECL by default.
 >
 >  That's what the DEBUG optimization quality is about, after all.
 >
 >  > That, without having weak hashes to keep the bindings in an economic
 >  > way, is also a killer.
 >
 >  (You're conflating two seperate issues here.)

 Not really. How are we to keep debug informations about a function if
 we do not have hash tables? If this information should be garbage
 collected when the functions disappear, then that information has to
 either be in weak hash tables (not an option right now) or in the data
 structure itself. Similarly, it is being suggested that not only DEFUN
 but also DEFSTRUCT,and I understand also DEFVAR and similar
 definitions give rise to expansions in which debug information is
 created. Once more, yes, DEBUG declarations can help, but the
 information has to be stored somewhere.

 >  > As I said, I can do the work, provided I get a list of functions, with
 >  > the parameters they have to get and what they have to output. I hope I
 >  > do not sound too tiring, once more, but time is precious.
 >
 >  Did you look into the Debugging section in swank-backend.lisp?

 Sorry if I sound stupid, but I did not even know where to look for
 when you said that the doc strings had been updated.