[Ecls-list] DEFSTRUCT and FDEFINITION of SETF accessors.

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 24 15:01:04 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 4:53 PM, Samium Gromoff
<_deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru> wrote:
> At Thu, 24 Apr 2008 16:45:50 +0200,
>
> Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
>  >
>  > On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 4:42 PM, Samium Gromoff
>  > <_deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru> wrote:
>  > >  It appears that CVS ECL fails to properly make available the fdefinitions
>  > >  of structure field SETF accessors:
>  >
>  > Why should it create functions at all? I mean, according to the
>  > following, ECL is free to implement SETF access to slots using macros
>  > or SETF expanders
>
>  I am sorry for being noise here..

No problem. The only thing is that one has to remember that SETF
allows many strategies for writing in different fields. One of them is
functions, but this may not be the most efficient one, specially if
the structure of the object in which you want to write is well known.