[Ecls-list] Problem with Building on debian i686

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 24 07:53:54 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 8:59 PM, css <css at swissjabber.ch> wrote:
>  I was trying to build ECL (latest cvs checkout) on Debian Lenny
>  (i686), using the following commands:
>
>  ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/stow/ecl-23-april-2008 --enable-shared
>  --enable-threads --enable-boehm --enable-debug --enable-unicode
>  --enable-longdouble --with-tcp --with-clx --with-serve-event
>  --with-clos-streams --with-cmuformat --with-asdf --with-defsystem
>  --with-cmp --with-rt --with-profile --with-x && make
>
>  But ecl/gc/private does not contain any Makefile (in fact, it does not
>  contain any file at all).

I guess (I will have to look at this) that there was a typo in the
configure.in that, when you type --enable-boehm it actually disables
it. That is my only guess. You do not need to specify this flag. ECL
will recognize whether you have the garbage collector installed or
configure its own copy. Please tell me whether it works then. Other
flags you do not need are --enable-shared, --with-tcp,
--with-cmuformat, --with-asdf, --with-clos-streams, --with-cmp,
--with-rt and --with-x.