[Ecls-list] LOAD-TIME-VALUE and literal object externalisation.

Samium Gromoff _deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru
Tue Apr 22 22:21:16 UTC 2008

At Tue, 22 Apr 2008 22:31:55 +0200,
Tobias C. Rittweiler wrote:

> Samium Gromoff writes:
>
> > But, also, this raises another question -- functions are not defined
> > to be externalizable, yet we routinely store them in fasls?
>
> When do you routinely store function literals in fasls?

OK. I've let confusion overtake my rational thinking.

I have just re-read 3.2.4.

Indeed, literal lambdas can only appear as a result of macroexpansion,
or #.

But the same would apply to hash-tables, and I'm not seeing where I'm
creating any literal hash-tables in that code.

Therefore I'm not sure what does it mean "to create a binary with a
hash table"...

Probably I completely misinterpreted what Juanjo wanted to say.

regards, Samium Gromoff