[Ecls-list] Problem with defpackage?

David Creelman creelman.david at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 11:36:22 UTC 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 11:28:38PM +0200, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 2:50 PM, David Creelman
> <creelman.david at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  I've just been trying to compile the CLX provided by Telent and it fails
> >  with the following error. This didn't happen before. Has something
> >  changed ?
>
> Looks like a symbol is read before the XLIB package is defined. Where
> can I get this version of the library?
I'm trying out the "mainline" version of CLX. It's available by

darcs get http://common-lisp.net/~crhodes/clx

Is this from CVS?

If I compile the CLX with ECL, it all works fine.

I'm trying this version out because I'm trying to sort out the stream
problem I found a few months ago, the one where it looks like the stream
gets messed up when it is being written and read at the same time.

I thought the mainline version might handle streams a little differently
and I thought I might be able to pull it all across to ECL and get it
working.

For my little app the stream problem is annoying, but it's not super
important.

Cheers
David