[Ecls-list] Line Number of errors ?

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Sat Apr 19 08:27:27 UTC 2008

"Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll" writes:

> Hi David, right now ECL does not record line numbers in interpreted
> code. Actually, since it simply uses READ to get the lists that form
> the code I do not know how I could implement this easily.

You can store the toplevel-form number instead (i.e. how many toplevel
forms have been READ so far.) This is what SBCL (and CMUCL) base their
source locations on, as the tlf-number is somewhat less prune to change.

There's code already in SWANK (Slime's backend) to convert a tlf-number
to a file position that can be sent to Emacs such that M-. (jump to
definition) will do the right thing.

  -T.