[Ecls-list] ASDF:MAKE-BUILD compiles too much?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Apr 18 21:23:51 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Samium Gromoff
<_deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru> wrote:
>  It appears that recent changes in CVS changed the behavior of
>  ASDF:MAKE-BUILD, so that it now compiles the depended-upon systems
>  as many times, as they occur in the list of dependency lists of
>  every system in the full dependency graph, plus one.

Yes, I see. There are many problems with ASDF. One is that it does not
allow us to specialize compile-op and load-op, while keeping the
dependency graph. This forced me to code a function that builds the
graph as ASDF gives it with :force t, but ASDF does not simplify this
graph, which I find annoying. I am working on better ways to solve
this problem.