[Ecls-list] cl-bench problem/oddity with latest ecls-cvs

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Sep 8 20:04:57 UTC 2007

2007/9/8, Michael Abshoff <Michael.Abshoff at fsmath.mathematik.uni-dortmund.de>:
> Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> > I had no problem running the cl-bench script.
>
> Good to know. But you are working on OSX as far as I can tell:

Yes, but that is not the point I wanted to make: all path related
issues, also things about where ECL is installed, work similarly on
OSX and on other unices. In any case, I just finished running cl-test
on an old Redhat box (32-bits).

> ;;; OPTIMIZE levels: Safety=2, Space=0, Speed=3
> "/home/mabshoff/ecl-20070908/cl-bench/sysdep/setup-ecl.lisp"
> "/home/mabshoff/ecl-20070908/cl-bench/do-compilation-script.lisp"
> Filesystem error with pathname #P"files/arrays.olisp".
> Either
>  1) the file does not exist, or
>  2) we are not allow to access the file, or
>  3) the pathname points to a broken symbolic link.
> Broken at EVAL.No restarts available.
> Broken at COMPILE-FILE.

Does the file "cl-bench/files/array.olisp" exist at all? This failure
is not due to compiler path or whatever, but to ECL not finding (or
not being able to read) this file.