[Ecls-list] Problems with clines

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Sep 8 08:53:59 UTC 2007

I would find out, at compilation time, with some simple program, the
size of the FD_SET structure or array and define a foreign type that
is, say, a character array of the same size. Then use
with-foreign-objects and pass it to the inline routine.

Sorry I cannot offer more help here, but I believe other lisps have
similar problems: you need to know the size of the C variable your are
moving around, or, else, create a global C variable that is never
exposed to the lisp world.

Or code everything in C and then use the C function in the lisp code.
But as you say, this is not so elegant.