[Ecls-list] build-shared-library and export functions

_ _ swarogich at bk.ru
Wed Sep 5 12:40:35 UTC 2007

Ok. I have just completed successfully my previous example with Lisp "library" stored in a FAS file.
And now I want to try making the same example using a shared library, so here is what I do:

;; test_l.o (_l is added to circumvent the name collision)
;; My lisp source for the library is the same as the old one

(defpackage "TEST"
(:use "COMMON-LISP")
(:nicknames "TEST")
(:export "GET-MSG-TEXT"))

(in-package test)

(defun get-msg-text()
(values "Hello from ECL!"))

>From ecl:

(require 'cmp)
(compile-file "test_l.lisp" :system-p t)
(c:build-shared-library "test" :lisp-files '("test_l.o"))

These calls are executed with no errors and I get libtest.so at the end.
But L1get_msg_text is not exported there. Why is that happening?