[Ecls-list] passing compiler and linker options through'compile-file'

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Mon Sep 3 11:29:56 UTC 2007

> > Use the existing variables c::*cc-flags* and c::*ld-flags*
> to achieve
> > the same result.
>
> Thanks, Michael ... It does indeed.
>
> I remember trying something similar and running into problems because
> *cc-flags* and friends are not exported, but as I'm now
> unable to reproduce that particular error message I'll put it
> down to (too much
> | too little) coffee.
> I had the feeling there was a better way; thanks for passing
> on a little enlightenment.

For this to work, the compiler package (cmp.fas) must be loaded,
otherwise you'll get an error about undefined 'c' (or 'cmp')
package. As 'compile-file' loads the compiler package automatically,
you usually don't have to do it yourself. However in this case,
as you want to tune some internal variables, you have to load it
manually.

Michael.