[Ecls-list] ContextL Survey September 2007

Pascal Costanza pc at p-cos.net
Mon Sep 3 12:27:55 UTC 2007

Context-dependent behavior is becoming increasingly important for a
wide range of application domains. Unfortunately, mainstream
programming languages do not provide mechanisms that enable software
entities to adapt their behavior dynamically to the current execution
context. In collaboration with various researchers, we have developed
a new programming technique called "Context-oriented Programming" (COP).

ContextL - http://common-lisp.net/project/closer/contextl.html - is
our first fully implemented and currently most mature programming
language extension for COP and is built on top of the Common Lisp
Object System (CLOS). ContextL has first been made available to the
public in early 2005, and has already been adopted by a number of
programmers. We would now like to assess how well ContextL has been
received so far.

Please consider participating in our first survey about ContextL -
this will help us a lot to develop ContextL and related projects
further (like Closer to MOP, etc.).

You can find the survey and more information about it at http://
prog.vub.ac.be/~pcostanza/COP/survey.html

Thanks a lot,
Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza, mailto:pc at p-cos.net, http://p-cos.net
Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Programming Technology Lab