[Ecls-list] [Patch] serve-event port

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Oct 7 10:34:26 UTC 2007

2007/10/7, Steve Smith <tarka at internode.on.net>:
> On Sun, Oct 07, 2007 at 10:49:18AM +0200, Karsten Poeck wrote:
> > You be better off with a package definition in uppercase (also the exported
> > symbols) or a call like
> > (|serve-event|::serve-event)
>
> You're right, uppercase fixed it.  Updated file attached.  Is that an
> ECL thing or part of the common-lisp standard?  I've never had an
> issue with lowercase under SBCL, but as I say I'm a relative newbie.

It is part of the standard. Notice how in the examples section of
http://www.lisp.org/HyperSpec/Body/fun_make-package.html
the package TEMP is created with both an uppercase and a lowercase name.

BTW, I just included your package in ECL. I am now working on what
Eric suggested of adding more elaborate version names (CVS timestamps)
to ECL.