[Ecls-list] Bug fix for Slime C-c C-k in Windows

Dustin Long dlong at stevens.edu
Tue May 22 06:26:18 UTC 2007

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll wrote:
> If there is a timeval structure then that means there is gettimeofday() as well, isn't there?

Surprisingly, no. The timeval struct only exists for winsock's sake.
gettimeofday isn't defined.
> The windows configuration file is under msvc/ecl/config.h.msvc6.
Thing is, I"m not sure this is a config issue. The lines in time.d
defining the timeval struct were recently added for the issue about
(time)'s limited precision. What I'm wondering though is if it's needed
at all. Afterall, *nix systems should have <sys/time.h> and Windows has
the winsock version, buried somewhere in <windows.h>. Are there any
systems where timeval needs to be declared?

Dustin