[Ecls-list] Bug fix for Slime C-c C-k in Windows

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Mon May 21 22:44:49 UTC 2007

Hi Dustin,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. The Linux port had a security
mechanism that, whenever a FASL file is loaded a second time, a copy
is made. This tricks the DLL loaded, who would otherwise refuse to
load an already loaded shared library. In Linux actually no copy is
made: only a symbolic link. In any case, these copies are
automatically deleted by ECL (have a look at src/c/load.d, and more
precisely at ecl_load_library).

Today I have set up a similar mechanism for Windows now. The idea is
that _all__ loaded files are duplicated and automatically destructed
either on garbage collection or at program exit. Unfortunately Windows
does not have symlink() so I had to use the command line processor to
call COPY. Could you have a look at it and if you find something
better, propose it here?

As for mkstemp, I do not understand the problem. ECL just uses
mktemp() when mkstemp() is not available (I presume this is the case
in Windows), but mktemp() allows for SIX digits/characters in the
temporary file name, so there is probably something wrong in the C
library.