[Ecls-list] Crashing on load

Dean O'Connor dean.oconnor at ite.com.au
Wed May 2 23:47:21 UTC 2007

I am having fundamental problems executing embedded ECL in my C++ app.
Using trunk..

This is all I am doing:

    int rc = cl_boot(argc, argv);   // this returns 1 (so ok)

    cl_object res = cl_safe_eval(c_string_to_object( "(+ 1 2)", Cnil,
OBJNULL));   // rc is returned as NULL pointer !!!

    res = cl_load(1, make_simple_base_string("test.lisp"));   // throws
an access violation

In debug, the cl_load causes lots of these console errors (then the
exception):

"0 is an illegal frs index.
Broken at SI:TOP-LEVEL.No restarts available."

I have just linked in ecl.lib and have ecl.dll in my path.

Other function calls like si_select_package are crashing also.

Am I missing something here ???? Am I not using strings correctly ???

cheers
deano