[Ecls-list] ecl dies in compile

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Mar 20 17:32:22 UTC 2007

2007/3/1, Rick Taube <taube at uiuc.edu>:
> juan thank you for the hard work getting ecl to comile with its gmp
> on the ppc/osx platform.

No problem. I am only sorry that, after becoming an independent
researcher here in Spain, I have little time left to work on my
programming projects.

> i am able to build ecl now, but unfortunately it cannot successfully
> run its tests and i can no longer compile my program. i dont get
> errors, the elc runtime just seems to get "stuck" in both cases. ive
> been waiting for a half hour and i dont think its coming back!
> i wonder if this is some gc issue?

Are you using some special configuration flags? I have built ECL on
the PPC64 machine you opened for me and it simply works. It ran all
the tests and rather fast I would say.

Dpto. de Fisica Teorica I, Fac. de CC Fisicas, Universidad Complutense,