[Ecls-list] Dumping running image

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Mar 11 08:19:49 UTC 2007

10 Mar 2007 18:28:26 -0600, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at cs.tamu.edu>:
>   Is there a way in ECL to dump the current image to disk as
> standalone executable?  My apologies if this is an FAQ.
> I tried fiddling with c:build-program and epilogue-code but it was
> getting messy with no success.

There is not such thing as dumping, because of the way ECL builds
itself. But that is not the answer to your problem.

First of all, as for BUILD-PROGRAM, well, it is not that messy if you
do things right: just compile all files you want to load, in the order
in which you want to load them, and then pass the name of the object
files to c::build-program. epilogue-code is a lisp form you want to
execute in the environment _after_ those object files have been
activated. If you were more
specific perhaps one could help you solve the issues you have with this.

Second, Fare has talked here about an utility called cl-launch. You
might want to look at it, because it does what you want, abstracting
the steps for different implementations.

Another alternative is using ASDF + build-program in a special purpose
routine created by M. Goffioul,
http://ecls.sourceforge.net/new-manual/re02.html  But since you do not
like build-program, I doubt you will have much fun with it :-)

Dpto. de Fisica Teorica I, Fac. de CC Fisicas, Universidad Complutense,