[Ecls-list] ASDF, filesystem error

Thibault Langlois tl at di.fc.ul.pt
Thu Jun 21 16:03:08 UTC 2007

Hello,
I am a new ECl user, I've just compiled the cvs version on 64Bits Ubuntu Linux.

Now, I get a strange error when loading asdf systems:

ECL (Embeddable Common-Lisp) 0.9i
Copyright (C) 1984 Taiichi Yuasa and Masami Hagiya
Copyright (C) 1993 Giuseppe Attardi
Copyright (C) 2000 Juan J. Garcia-Ripoll
ECL is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see file 'Copyright' for details.
Type :h for Help.  Top level.
> (loadsys 'memoization)
; #<ASDF52 package>
; registering #<SYSTEM MEMOIZATION 13805056> as MEMOIZATION
(DEFSYSTEM MEMOIZATION
           :COMPONENTS
           ((:FILE "Load-Memoization") (:FILE "Memoization")
            (:FILE "Save-Memo-Table" :DEPENDS-ON ("Load-Memoization"))))
Filesystem error with pathname #P"SYS:home;tl;root;lisp;cmp.NEWEST".
Either
 1) the file does not exist, or
 2) we are not allow to access the file, or
 3) the pathname points to a broken symbolic link.
Broken at EVAL.No restarts available.
Broken at ASDF:OPERATE.

CL-USER> *default-pathname-defaults*
#P"/home/tl/root/lisp/"

For every system I try to load I get the same error with the same
pathname. I do not have any file any cmp file.

Any ideas ?

Thibault

--
Thibault Langlois