[Ecls-list] windows-nsi build failed

Dean O'Connor dean.oconnor at ite.com.au
Thu Jun 21 05:53:16 UTC 2007

I got that too.
See attached diff files for fixes that worked for me.

The basic problem seems to be that the flatinstall was not copying the
Copyright file.
Also, I think perhaps its destination sub-dir "doc" is not needed.

After those fixes, it created ecl-0.9i.exe ok, and installed ok.
But when I ran it I got a Runtime Error!
"R603 An application has made an attempt to load the C runtime library
incorrectly."

The problem was that the ecl.exe.manifest was not being included in the
ecl.nsi and so not installed.

The fix seems a bit tricky because in msvc\util\ecl_nsi.bat this
following statement is causing the "ecl.exe.manifest" to be cut out of
the list, as it matches "ecl.exe"

dir /b /a:-d | ..\c\cut.exe "ecl.exe" "/DELETE/" "ecl.nsi" "/DELETE/"
"%where%\\" "" > ../aux_files

I don't really see how to stop this unless you modify src\util\cut.c
logic to match whole word.

So I simply added this hardcoded statement after the above:

 echo ecl.exe.manifest >> ../aux_files

With all those changes it installs and runs ok.

ps. the fix for ecl.nsi is prob not necessary.

cheers
deano