[Ecls-list] Critical change

Peter Van Eynde pvaneynd at mailworks.org
Fri Jan 19 13:57:09 UTC 2007

From: http://www.25hoursaday.com/C99.html

"Increased identifier size limits: specifically 63 significant initial
characters in an internal identifier or macro name, 31 significant initial
characters in an external identifier, and 4095 characters in a logical source
line. These values were 31, 6, and 509, respectively, in C89."

Unfortunately not all compilers claim C99 yet.

gcc uses all characters it seems. The sun compiler
(http://docs.sun.com/source/819-3688/c90.implementation.app.html) uses 1023,
for Microsoft I found no details.

Groetjes, Peter

--