[Ecls-list] Bug in loop macro

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 10 07:34:10 UTC 2007

2007/1/10, Ralph Campbell <ralphcampbell at sbcglobal.net>:
> I see examples in Guy Steele's "Common Lisp the Language"
> the the following should be OK:

This book is not the appropiate reference. It explains what it is
commonly called the Cltl1 version of Common Lisp which predates ANSI
Common Lisp. More precisely, the latter states that FOR and WITH
statements cannot appear before iteration statements (UNTIL, WHEN,
etc) and that these must appear before the true actions (DO, NCONC,
COLLECT, etc)

> (loop
>   until x
>   for y = (list ...)
>   )

This code is not correct.

Dpto. de Fisica Teorica I, Fac. de CC Fisicas, Universidad Complutense,
http://teorica.fis.ucm.es/~jjgarcia/