[Ecls-list] Critical changes

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jan 7 14:13:39 UTC 2007

2007/1/7, Faré <fahree at gmail.com>:
> You can also skip the implementation-dependent madness and use
> cl-launch to portably create executables from lisp programs. It works
> fine with ecl, as well as many other cl implementations!
>
> PS: has my patch to ecl been included in CVS? cl-launch currently
> embeds this patch in the lisp code it creates. Here is the patch
> again, relative to release 0.9i from debian, without the apparently
> controversial change to compile-file-pathname.

The following change will affect the way you have to embed modules and
shared libraries created with ECL

 - When compiling lisp files, ECL now creates different entry functions
   depending on the file type. FASL, library and object files get a function
   with the prefix {init_fas, init_lib, init_} prepended to the file name.
   This solves the problem of a shared library having the same name as one
   of the components it is made of.

This change is a convenience for cl-launch but also for people using
ASDF to build libraries.

 - C:BUILDER searches the ASDF module list for libraries. (Thanks to
F.R. Rideau)

Dpto. de Fisica Teorica I, Fac. de CC Fisicas, Universidad Complutense,
http://teorica.fis.ucm.es/~jjgarcia/