[Ecls-list] A few pathname bugs

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jan 5 18:46:33 UTC 2007

2006/12/31, Richard M Kreuter <kreuter at progn.net>:
> Hi,

Hi, and first of all sorry for the delay (I do not have much free time
in my new job) and hope that my answer below satisfies you.

> (1) common case translation doesn't seem to get applied to strings in
>     directory components:

First bug. The directory list was actually translated, but due to a
typo, it got discarded.

> (2) Pathnames with a directory starting with :relative :back don't
>     seem to be constructable: (these are occasionally useful for
>     merging):
> (3) Pathnames with a directory containing a :back component anywhere
>     else get constructed strangely

There was a missing "else" in the C code. :BACK now works as expected.
I added several tests in the test suite for that (bugs/cl-001.lsp)

> (4) enough-namestring doesn't seem to do anything:
> > (enough-namestring #P"/abc/def" #P"/abc/")
> "/abc/def"

There was a bug when interpreting the output of the lisp function
MISMATCH. When the directories were completely equal, no
simplification occurred, which is wrong. I fixed this and added more
tests.

> Thanks,

Thanks to you, indeed!

Dpto. de Fisica Teorica I, Fac. de CC Fisicas, Universidad Complutense,
http://teorica.fis.ucm.es/~jjgarcia/