[Ecls-list] Anyone had any luck with McCLIM on ECL?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Feb 14 09:01:46 UTC 2007

2007/2/13, David_Creelman at pa.com.au <David_Creelman at pa.com.au>:
> Has anyone had any luck getting McCLIM to work in ECL ?

I haven't had time to give it a try. Seems to have quite many
dependencies, though.

> With a bit of fiddling, CLX works reasonably (on Linux), but I've not been
> able to get McCLIM to work.

Please submit the "fiddling" in the form of patches and I will
incorporate them in ECL.

> When loading the .asd file, there is an error reported that relates to
> destructuring-bind (but not much more information than that).

The macroexpander for DESTRUCTURING-BIND forms is not very verbose and
by that matter the same happens to the code in destructuring lambda
forms, as the ones appearing in DEFMACRO. In order to make the code
small, the output is just a bunch of C[AD]*R forms with minimal error
messages. In those cases the best thing would be to load the code
_interpreted_ and spot the offending function as well as the argument
list.

Regards

Dpto. de Fisica Teorica I, Fac. de CC Fisicas, Universidad Complutense,
http://teorica.fis.ucm.es/~jjgarcia/