[Ecls-list] Porting ECL to the Hurd

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Feb 10 23:20:26 UTC 2007

2007/2/10, Pierre THIERRY <nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org>:
> Is it OK if I add a global variable path_max in ecl.h, and set it in
> cl_boot()?

ECL uses _no_ global variables. All common data is stored either in
cl_env or in cl_core. Both are C structures with different fields. The
former is per-thread data, the second is made of constants or data
common to all threads. path_max should go into cl_core. Perhaps it
makes sense to define it _always_, because I do not like configuration
flags to populate the ECL headers.

I will gladly commit any patches for supporting Hurd.

Regards,

Dpto. de Fisica Teorica I, Fac. de CC Fisicas, Universidad Complutense,
http://teorica.fis.ucm.es/~jjgarcia/