[Ecls-list] DFFI on x86_64

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Feb 5 21:08:39 UTC 2007

2007/2/5, Marco Gidde <marco.gidde at tiscali.de>:
> recently I tried to build a lisp wrapper around a C-library with CFFI
> and got some strange crashes with ECL. The appended patch is probably
> not quite correct but works here and should give you an idea of what
> is still missing.

Thanks. I am not very fluent with the 64 bit extensions. In particular
the big number of registers and the conventions for variable number of
arguments calling make it complicated. I hope the interface will get
more polished once I find time to work on the PPC port.

> Another issue occurred when I tried callbacks with an ECL built with
> the --with-cxx option (also via CFFI). While C allows to cast a void*
> to any kind of function pointer, C++ doesn't. Maybe a reinterpret_cast
> in the generated C-code might help, but I'm not sure and haven't
> testet this.

I will look into this. Does it happen in the ECL core or in compiled code?

Dpto. de Fisica Teorica I, Fac. de CC Fisicas, Universidad Complutense,
http://teorica.fis.ucm.es/~jjgarcia/