[Ecls-list] Windows port fixed

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Feb 4 15:14:50 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have spent the last two days fighting with Visual Studio Express and
WinDbg. Apart from the problems associated to the GMP library (a
Makefile had not been uploaded to CVS), there were some other problems
with compiler flags and with one function in the windows port that was
obsolete

I think I have fixed most of these things. At least the CVS version
builds with Visual Studio C++ 2008 Express, or whatever combination of
words names it. The library can be built with debug information using
nmake ECL_DEBUG=1. I moved from the flag /Zi to /Z7, because somehow
in my system the compiler kept on crashing with a message that it
could not access the "program database" where debug symbols are
stored. Anyway, it works now and I am able to debug ECL using the free
WinDbg, to be found in Microsoft's homepage.

Next will be try again with the mingw and the OpenBSD ports, but this
will have to wait a couple of days, because of pending wok.

Best regards,

Dpto. de Fisica Teorica I, Fac. de CC Fisicas, Universidad Complutense,
http://teorica.fis.ucm.es/~jjgarcia/