[Ecls-list] user specified top-level function?

Rick Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 1 01:31:34 UTC 2007

apologies if there is some simple way to do this that i havent found,
but...

Is there a way to replace the 'top-level' function defined in top.lsp
with a toplevel functon provided by the user at startup? This would
allow customized or application specific repls to be installed, for
example.

it seems that this could almost be done if the call

(let ((*break-enable* t)
       (*tpl-level* -1))
   (tpl))

at the end of the current 'defun top-level' were replace by someting
like

(let ((*break-enable* t)
       (*tpl-level* -1))
   (funcall *tpl*))

and that the user could somehow set the value of *tpl* at startup,
before (top-level) is called. the default *tpl* value would of course
be: (defparameter *tpl* #'tpl)

alterately, if I start ecl from inside a C program are there C
functons that I can call to install my own repl?