[Ecls-list] [BUG] example/cmdline symbol collision

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jjgarcia at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Dec 31 11:12:52 UTC 2007

On Dec 31, 2007 5:59 AM, Eric Rannaud <eric.rannaud at gmail.com> wrote:
> With latest HEAD, on Fedora Core 7 x86_64, the example cmdline doesn't
> work if one uses the build commands given at the top of ls.lsp.
>
> (c::build-program "ls" :lisp-files '("ls.o"))
>
> fails with:[...]
> /home/e/dev/ecl/ecl/examples/cmdline/ls.o: In function `init_LS':
> /home/e/dev/ecl/ecl/examples/cmdline/ls.c:106: multiple definition of
> `init_LS'
> I'm not sure what is the best way to solve the problem.

This problem was actually solved by adding some disambiguation
prefixes to the function names based on their file type. However, we
had forgotten to activate it for executables. If you compare the now
fixed src/cmp/cmpmain.lsp and the original one you will notice the
smal (trivial) difference. Stupid me :-)

Happy new year.